Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes
We’ve heard Sunday is the most depressing day of the week, because everyone’s dreading going back to work on Monday. Not the case at ION. First of all, we love our jobs. Secondly, we’re open seven days a week anyway. And lastly, it’s brunch day!
We whip up a hearty vegan brunch every Sunday, complete with mimosas and our new coffee cocktails. You’ll find whole wheat pancakes with pure maple syrup, tofu scramble burritos, and hash browns on our weekly brunch menu. The cozy atmosphere at ION on Sundays matches our special menu. Friends are catching up over coffee, college students recap the weekend’s events, and families enjoy breakfast together without a designated pancake flipper.
Come down this weekend and see what it’s all about. But hurry – we close at 4 on Sundays!
Vegan Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ pure tablespoon maple syrup
- Sift and mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients separately.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Now is the time to add any nuts, fruits, chocolate chips, etc.!
- Drop approximately 1/3 cup size scoops of batter onto frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side, until lightly brown.
- Drizzle with pure maple syrup and enjoy!